MSA FL500 UV/IR Vlam Detector
MSA FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector
The FL500 UVIR flame detector delivers fast flame detection with increased false alarm immunity in a compact design.
The FL500 UV / IR flame detector monitors for radiation emitted by a flame in both the ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) spectral ranges. This combination of UV / IR provides a fast response time and increased false alarm immunity to radiation sources for reliable protection.
For more information and pricing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proven technology. UV / IR flame detection uses an ultraviolet and an infrared detector to monitor pp flames, increasing false alarm immunity by measuring two different flame spectra.
- FM performance approved. Six fuel sources (heptane, methane, methanol, propane, ethane, butane) tested with verified field of view.
- Wide field of view. The 130° field of view covers a larger distance.
- Self-Check for safety integrity. Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) performs a self-check every two minutes to ensure that the optical path is clear and that the electronic circuitry is functional.
- Test anytime, anywhere. Test easily with our exclusive TL105 test lamp which allows the FL500 UV/IR flame detector to be safely tested in real fire conditions with simulated flame flicker.
- Resistant to extremes. The wide operating temperature range (-55 °C to +85 °C) enables use in extreme environments.
- Status at a glance. Three LED status indicators for warning, alarm and normal operation.
- Robust housing. 316 stainless steel housing to withstand the toughest environments.
- Multiple output options. Industry standard 4-20 mA (source or sink analog), Modbus, HART, relays
|Wavelengths||185 tot 260 nm (UV), 4,35 micron (IR)|
|Field of view||Up to 130° max. eye angle|
|Operating temperature||-55°C to +85°C (-67°F to +185°F)|
|Storage temperature||-40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)|
|Operating humidity||0% tot 95% non-condensing|
|Mounting||Stainless steel mounting bracket|
|Cable entry||2 x 3/4” NPT of 2 x 25 mm|
|Housing||316 Stainless steel powder coated|